The Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project has been commissioned by the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) to develop a series of skill sets and units of competency for supply chain skills common to a range of industry sectors in Australia. Through improving access to a bank of contemporary standardized supply chain skills units, industry efficiency and productivity can be enhanced. The Project Reference Group has overseen development of 13 new units of competency covering:
· Establishing blockchain in a supply chain
· Enabling traceability in a supply chain
· Compliance in supply chains
· Managing outsourced supply chain operations
· Monitoring ethical supply chain practices
· Supply chains supporting mass-customisation
· Customer focused supply chains
· Monitoring digital supply chain services
· Building digital supply chain capability in the workforce
· Leading digital supply chain implementation
· Employing supply chain risk management practices
· Stock control and receivables
· Manage stock and inventory systems.
Australian Industry Standards has developed a project specific website (https://supplychainskills.org.au) which is being used to gather comment on the draft units from interested parties.